Connect Your Corporation with Resource Center!
Volunteers can make a difference in the community not only for people in need, but for their companies as well. Think of it as a joint marketing opportunity to increase the visibility of your company, while aligning your name with a great cause! Corporate support is critical for organizations like Resource Center. For 37 years the Center has provided programs of interest to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, intersex, asexual and more (LGBTQIA+) community and critical services to low-income individuals living with HIV. We invite you to support the Center’s HIV Nutrition Program, which includes a food pantry and hot meals program.
Volunteer as a Team
• Help prepare and serve lunch to clients in the Hot Meals Program (Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.to 2 p.m.)
• Help stock shelves and check-out clients at the Food Pantry (Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
• Maximum of 10 volunteers per program, please
• Enjoy a fun and unique employee team building experience!
Food & Fun Drives
• Collect non-perishable items to help stock the Food Pantry: pop-top canned items: canned meats (tuna, chicken, chili, Spam), canned soup, canned juice, canned fruits/vegetables; Ramen noodles; boxed cereal; dry staples (rice, beans, pasta); condiments (ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, sugar)
• Food drives are one of the easiest and most effective tools for raising awareness and donations
• Placing containers around the workplace makes it simple for employees to donate
• Many employers offer a company match as an incentive and the food drive can be a source of positive media coverage!
• Create an inter-departmental competitive canned food drive! A friendly competition between departments can help make a difference in the community and boost workplace morale
Become a Corporate Sponsor
• Sponsor a shelf at the Food Pantry. “This shelf brought you by ______ !” (Bring items collected in a food drive or let us stock it with your cash donation.) • Sponsor a meal for 100-150 HIV+ people in our Hot Meals Program with your cash donation. “Thank you ______, for making today’s meal possible!”
• Provide a dessert for our clients in the Hot Meals Program. “This cake and/or ice cream bar provided by the generosity of _____!”
• The Pantry always needs non-perishable items (see Food & Fund Drives above). All food distributed through the Food Pantry must be packaged for retail distribution. Homeless clients can best use small or single-serve containers, preferably with pop-tops
• The Hot Meals Program needs kitchen equipment: cutlery, cooking utensils, storage containers, etc. Staff can provide a full list of needs upon request
• Reusable shopping bags are greatly needed and help focus the program’s limited dollars on nutrition