Reports to: Prevention Programs Manager
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Prevention Programs Manager, the Lead Outreach and Testing Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all data entry, database, and related functions, assist with HIV/STD and PrEP program organizational and administrative activities and assist with the HIV/STD and PrEP program reporting duties and responsibilities. Lead Outreach and Testing Coordinator provides support leading other navigators to meet the program goals. The Lead coordinator is responsible for program implementation, calendars, semi-annual reports, conference info, and other administrative functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed.
- Oversees and ensures the effective and efficient operation of the Testing and Treatment Program which include the Foundations of Testing and Navigation (FCT) and targeted HIV/STD testing and treatment program.
- Supervises Outreach and Testing staff.
- Coordinates quality assurance activities for PrEP program.
- Conducts HIV, syphilis and sexually transmitted infections testing and prevention activities focusing on gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men, in a clinic and outreach setting.
- Educates men who have sex with men and other community members about HIV/STI prevention.
- Assists other navigators identifying eligible PrEP Care Program candidates
- Engages in conversations about the program and proving PrEP testing.
- Interact with the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community with ease.
- Recruits at-risk Latino, African American, White, and other MSM for FCT.
- Performs initial and follow-up sessions per FCT guidelines for persons testing for HIV.
- Establishes and maintains a positive rapport with community business (e.g., bathhouses, bars) and other organizations and agencies.
- Follows agency and program procedures and policies, including safety regulations and guidelines.
- Performs HIV/syphilis/STD tests via venipuncture or other methods per established guidelines.
- Works with Dallas County Health and Human Services on information regarding partner notification, contact tracing and partner elicitation, as requested.
- Maintains FCT HIV/STD/syphilis testing client files.
- Coordinates outreaches, including recruiting and utilizing volunteers, at venues where MSM congregate (e.g., bars, parks, organization meetings, bathhouses) in order to conduct HIV/syphilis testing and/or refer individuals to HIV and STD testing and HIV linkage to medical care and STD treatment services, as applicable.
- Completes and ensures timely reporting and other administrative duties.
- Ensures program goals and objectives are being met.
- Fulfills other tasks as assigned.
- Performs duties in conjunction with the Transhealth Initiative, as needed.
- Perform all duties in accordance with OSHA safety, clinic protocols and HIPAA compliance.
Database and EMR:
- Works and participates as a team member of the Center and the programs.
- Communicates daily with manager regarding data entry and other work tasks.
- Works collaboratively with program coordinators, participants, staff and volunteers.
- Travels to work sites or office locally to collect data reports and conduct data entry.
- Inputs program data into a variety of database platforms and perform weekly updates.
- Reconciles external report data with local program report information.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends department, agency, and other meetings.
- Attends local, statewide, and other trainings and conferences, as required.
- Conducts Materials Review Panels as needed.
- Perform administrative and other duties.
Enhanced Condom Education and Outreach:
- Participates in the Enhanced Condom Education and Outreach initiative. The project will conduct an LGBT community assessment to identify locations where condom distribution would benefit the community. The project will partner with selected community stakeholders to provide expanded access to condoms in areas, venues and organizations frequented by MSM and identified by the community assessment. The project will hold outreach events to increase MSM knowledge of basic condom use as well as the differences between condoms that they can experiment with to increase enjoyment of safer sex. The program will promote condom distribution locations and safer sex messages via a variety of media platforms.
Linkage to Care:
- Participates in the program’s Client Services Navigation System whereby key referral steps are tracked and followed up with the client to reduce barriers in accessing referrals and to establish linkage to HIV-related medical care for people who are infected with HIV. Provides in-house or external treatment referrals and follow-up, as needed.
Other Duties: Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor/manager.
Expanded Health Services Delivery Area:
The Prevention Testing Program will have as its service area the Texas counties of Dallas, Denton, Collin, Navarro, Kaufman, Ellis, Hunt, and Rockwall.
Lifting Requirements: At least 20-50 pounds
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org