Reports to: Director of Empowerment Programs (DOEP)
Job Summary: Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Empowerment Programs (DOEP), the EPM works with program staff to implement high impact HIV prevention programming focused on the Mpowerment Project evidence-based interventions. The EPM supervises and coordinates the day-to-day administration of HIV/AIDS prevention programs for young Black men who have sex with men (YBMSM), called United Black Ellument, young men who have sex with men (YMSM), called Fuse and young transgender persons (including non-binary and gender non-conforming individuals) (YTG), called GenderBrave. The essence of the programs is peer-run community mobilization and empowerment – creating processes where YBMSM, YMSM and YTG encourage each other to practice safer sex, get HIV tested regularly, consider access to PrEP/PEP, and if they are HIV-positive, to engage in treatment and care.
The EPM manages community-based HIV prevention programs in the YBMSM, YMSM and YTG communities; provides leadership for the intervention team and manages local administrative issues as well as new core elements. The MPM prepares program reports; oversees program calendars; implements quality assurance activities to ensure fidelity and program impact; facilitates skill building workshops; conducts community-strengthening events; will be involved with community outreach and will linking community members to HIV resources (education, condoms, lube, HIV and STI testing and treatment, PrEP, etc.) and other appropriate services. The incumbent will work with staff and volunteers focusing on empowerment issues within YBMSM, YMSM and YTG communities and will act as liaison with community leaders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and otherwise execute day-to-day operations of the Mpowerment Project as adapted for United Black Ellument Fuse, and GenderBrave, following the Mpowerment Project intervention implementation manual, guidelines and training as well as through input from leadership team and the community.
- Manage the Mpowerment Project space and ensure all guiding principles and core elements are implemented and followed.
- Demonstrate effective leadership qualities, including taking an optimistic approach to work, implementing a solutions-focused approach to problem solving, building and maintaining buy-in, and creating and contributing to a healthy work culture for staff and volunteers.
- Supervise and coach MPowerment program staff
- Assist with MPowerment staff training and development
- Monitors and evaluates how team members are functioning in terms of job performance and reaching program objectives.
- Implement high-quality programmatic activity promote empowerment among within YBMSM, YMSM and YTG communities and increase program participation.
- Manage various functions of the Mpowerment programs, to include quality assurance activities, ensuring staff training requirements, preparing program reports, credit card charge reconciliation, team meetings and other non-programmatic administrative needs.
- Assist with program fiscal management
- Organize and assist program staff with volunteers that are involved with all aspects of the programs.
- Find and secure volunteers in the community to provide skills-building opportunities for programs volunteers and participants.
- Coordinate calendar of events and trainings for project participants.
- Implement outreach in the community to promote programs, attract participants and disseminate safer-sex info and supplies, such as condoms and lube.
- Ensures linkage of HIV-positive and HIV-negative community members with education, testing, and appropriate social, clinical, supportive, health and human services, including HIV, Hepatitis C, and STI care, and Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP).
- Act as liaison to the community; builds communication and collaboration opportunities with traditional and non-traditional collaborating stakeholders, such as community organization leaders, public officials, and other authorities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to perform under pressure, be flexible, work independently, manage multiple tasks, and work effectively as a manager and team member in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and ability to create reports and tracking
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with supervision skills and superb project management.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong Coaching and Developing skills including the ability to coach and develop employees.
- Working knowledge of HIV/AIDS
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Work, Community Health, Psychology or a related field plus two years experience in HIV/AIDS or related field. A candidate, who has no degree but seems exceptionally suitable, may be considered if he/she has three additional years of relevant experience.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- 2+ Experience in HIV prevention programs and biomedical interventions
- Occasional travel
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.