Location & Hours
LGBTQ Youth Services
Until further notice, all Youth First programming and social activities are currently VIRTUAL via an online video and chat room platform.
Youth First is one of the only LGBTQ-focused programs in North Texas that addresses the challenges LGBTQ teens face at home, school and in the community.
Youth First serves LGBTQ and allied youth, ages 12-18 and equips them with the tools and resources they need to live an authentic life through year-round, free programming that decreases high-risk behaviors, reduces social isolation, and increases self-esteem.
Support Groups and Education Reduce High-Risk Behaviors
- Gender Identity Night
- Healthy Relationships Group
- STAY Suicide Prevention Support Group
- Queer Youth of Color Nights
- Homework help and job readiness
- HIV and STI prevention and testing
Social Programming Decreases Social Isolation
- Friday Family Dinners (postponed due to COVID)
- Game Nights
- Movie Nights
- Fieldtrips (Musicals/Shows, Dallas Zoo, Six Flags, etc.)
- Pride Ball Prom
- Holiday Parties
Creative Self-Expression and Community Involvement Builds Self-Esteem
- Art and Writing Club
- Creative Works Summer Program
- Community Involvement (Feeding those in need, volunteering at Humane Society, etc.)
Behavioral Health Services Strengthen Coping Skills
- LGBTQ focused mental health and substance abuse for youth.
- Behavioral Health counseling services are available for teens in either individual, group or family settings.
- Click here for behavioral health services.