Location & Hours
LGBTQ Youth Services
Youth First is one of the only LGBTQ-focused programs in North Texas that addresses the challenges LGBTQ teens face at home, school and in the community.
Youth First serves LGBTQ and allied youth, ages 12-18 and equips them with the tools and resources they need to live an authentic life through year-round, free programming that decreases high-risk behaviors, reduces social isolation, and increases self-esteem.
Support Groups and Education Reduce High-Risk Behaviors
- Gender Identity Night
- Healthy Relationships Group
- STAY Suicide Prevention Support Group
- Queer Youth of Color Nights
- Q Chat Space Online Groups
- Homework help and job readiness
- HIV and STI prevention and testing
Social Programming Decreases Social Isolation
- Friday Family Dinners
- Game Nights
- Movie Nights
- Fieldtrips (Musicals/Shows, Dallas Zoo, Six Flags, etc.)
- Pride Ball Prom
- Holiday Parties
Creative Self-Expression and Community Involvement Builds Self-Esteem
- Art and Writing Club
- Creative Works Summer Program
- Dance Workshops
- University of Drag
- Community Involvement (Feeding those in need, volunteering at Humane Society, etc.)
Behavioral Health Services Strengthen Coping Skills
- LGBTQ focused mental health and substance abuse for youth.
- Behavioral Health counseling services are available for teens in either individual, group or family settings.
- Click here for behavioral health services.