Resource Center advocates for the LGBTQ community as well as all people impacted by HIV/AIDS. The Center’s advocacy takes many forms, from meeting with local and state lawmakers about issues important to the LGBTQ and HIV/AIDS communities to working with local government, businesses and schools to make more inclusive environments. We also keep the community informed, and encourage grassroots advocacy to protect our rights.
Examples of Past Work
- Lead the efforts to get Dallas ISD to adopt a comprehensive anti-bullying policy.
- Rolled out the “Out for Safe Schools” comprehensive LGBTQ anti-bullying training with Dallas ISD and Uplift Education, reaching thousands of students across North Texas.
- Worked with City of Dallas and Dallas County to add transgender employment protections and health insurance benefits.
- Conducted LGBTQ cultural competency training for TABC around the state in the wake of the Rainbow Lounge raid.
- Helped numerous municipalities, companies and other organizations adopt LGBTQ-inclusive policies for employees and residents.
Join our advocacy!
Join us as we work to create better laws and policies for the LGBTQ and HIV/AIDS communities! Complete this form below and be one of the first to know about upcoming advocacy opportunities.