Approximately 15,000 LGBTQ youth live in North Texas, yet there are minimal resources available for meeting their unique needs. Youth First is the only local LGBTQ-focused youth program that addresses the challenges LGBTQ youth face with family members, peers and fellow students.
Serving youth and young adults ages 14-22, Youth First equips them with the skills they need to lead an open life. Family ties are strengthened, peer support networks are built and mental health is supported through activities that build confidence and address the specific issues that LGBT teens face during their critical, formative years.
Educational Programs Engage and Inform
- HIV and STD prevention and substance abuse
- Sexual health education
- Bullying and harassment
- Coming Out
- Tutoring and job readiness
- Discussion/support group for parents
- Discussion/support group for youth
- GED program
- Lifeskills and mentorship
Recreational Activities Promote Community Confidence
- Art, Book, Theater, Writing clubs
- Friday Family Dinners
- Summer Art, Theater & Leadership camps
- Summer Art show
- Open mic night
Counseling Services Strengthen Coping Skills
- LGBT focused mental health for youth in partnership with Southern Methodist University. Counseling is available for teens and children in either individual, group or family settings.
Click graphic above for gallery hours.
Get involved with Youth First
- Click here for a list of ways to help Youth First.
- Click here for listing of current Youth First programs.
- Click here for Anime Club information.
- Click here for Art Club information.
- Click here for Book Club information.
- Click here for Friday Family Dinner information.
- Click here for Gender Identity Discussion information.
- Click here for LEAGUE at AT&T Life Skills Workshop information.
- Click here for Movie Night information.
- Click here for Parent Discussion Group information.
- Click here for Rainbow Review information.
- Click here for Sexual Health Empowerment information.